Battle.net Balance is an electronic balance players can use to purchase Blizzard Entertainment games and services.
You can purchase Battle.net Balance with credit cards and a variety of other payment methods depending on your region. Use the button below to get started and find out which options are available for you.
Note: To ensure the security of every Battle.net Balance transaction, there may be a delay before Battle.net Balance becomes available for use. Credit card purchases may take up to 3 days to process. Direct debit users can use PayPal as an alternative method of payment.
- If you are not using a Battle.net Authenticator, you will be limited to a specific balance.
- Mouse over any grayed out options to learn more about your regional currency limit, and consider getting an authenticator for an added level of security.
- Blizzard Entertainment does not charge additional fees to add to your Battle.net Balance or to use it to buy Blizzard Entertainment products.
You can view your Battle.net Balance, including your full transaction history, using the dropdown menu that appears in Account Management:
Battle.net Balance is the default payment method (if there are sufficient funds) when purchasing any of the following:
- Digital games, services, and in-game items from the Battle.net Shop
- World of Warcraft in-game Shop items
- Hearthstone packs and solo adventures
- Heroes, skins, and mounts in Heroes of the Storm
You are not required to use Battle.net Balance in the Battle.net shop, and will have the option to choose another payment method (such as a credit card or PayPal) before completing any purchase. If you want to prevent Battle.net Balance from being used for in-game purchases, you may disable it in your Battle.net Payment Options.
Limitations and Restrictions
- Funds added to Battle.net Balance are not refundable (except as otherwise provided by law), and cannot be converted into cash. Battle.net Balance can only be used to buy designated Blizzard Entertainment products and services.
- Battle.net Balance is non-transferrable. However, the Battle.net Shop allows you to purchase some items (such as digital games and World of Warcraft game time) as gifts you can share with others.
- You can't use Battle.net Balance to purchase items from the Blizzard Gear Store, card packs in Hearthstone on tablets, or World of Warcraft subscriptions—though you can buy game time in the Battle.net Shop.
- Battle.net Balance can't be combined with another payment method to make purchases.
- As with any payment method, local taxes may apply to purchases made with Battle.net Balance.
- You cannot make partial payments with Battle.net Balance. If you don't have sufficient balance to cover the purchase, you must add additional Battle.net Balance funds or use another method of payment.
Your currency options depend on your account region. In EU, for example, players can use EUR, GBP, and RUB. In certain regions where game realms and servers are shared by players in multiple countries, you have the option to choose a preferred currency.
Different currencies are loaded separately, and cannot be transferred, converted, or used interchangeably. To see which currency options are available in your region, log in to Battle.net to add balance.
There are limits to how much you can store in your Battle.net Balance. You will receive an error if your Battle.net Balance purchase would take you over that limit.
Article ID: 783