Battle.net Balance is an electronic balance players can use to purchase Blizzard Entertainment games and services.
You can purchase Battle.net Balance with credit cards and a variety of other payment methods depending on your region. Use the button below to get started and find out which options are available for you.
- If you are not using a Battle.net Authenticator, you will be limited to a specific balance.
- Mouse over any grayed out options to learn more about your regional currency limit, and consider getting an authenticator for an added level of security.
You can view your Battle.net Balance, including your full transaction history, using the drop-down menu that appears alongside it in Account Management:
Battle.net Balance is the default payment method, if there are sufficient funds, when purchasing any of the following:
- Blizzard Games (Digital Purchase only)
- World of Warcraft Game Time
- World of Warcraft Character and Guild Services
- In-game shop items
- Hearthstone cards
Y. If you want to prevent Battle.net Balance from being used for in-game purchases, you may disable it in your Battle.net Payment Options.
Note: AUD Battle.net Balance cannot be used to purchase World of Warcraft titles, game time, character/guild services, pets, mounts, or helms.
Your currency option[s] depend on your account region. In EU, for example, players can use Euros, GBP, and RUB. In certain regions where game realms and servers are shared by players in multiple countries, you have the option to choose a preferred currency.
Different currencies are loaded separately, and cannot be transferred, converted, or used interchangeably. To see which currency options are available in your region, log in to Battle.net to add balance.
There are limits to how much you can store in your Battle.net Balance; different currencies have different maximums, as reflected in the table below.
Note: Currency caps may fluctuate as conversion rates change.
Limitations and Restrictions
- To ensure the security of every Battle.net Balance transaction, there may be a delay before Battle.net Balance becomes available for use. Credit card purchases may take up to 3 days to process. Direct debit purchases may experience a delay of up to 13 days, to account for delivery and processing, depending on your financial institution.
- Funds added to Battle.net Balance are not refundable (except as otherwise provided by law), and cannot be converted into cash. Battle.net Balance can only be used to buy designated Blizzard Entertainment products and services, or to acquire items from Diablo III's Real Money Auction House.
- Battle.net Balance is non-transferrable. However, the Battle.net Shop allows you to purchase some items (such as digital games and World of Warcraft game time) as gifts you can share with others.
Payment and Fees
From the Battle.net Balance drop-down menu in Account Management, select the Balance History to see a list of your Battle.net Balance transactions.
- We do not currently allow Battle.net Balance to pay for recurring World of Warcraft Subscriptions, but you can use Battle.net Balance to purchase game time from the Battle.net Shop.
- Battle.net Balance cannot be combined with another payment method to make purchases.
- Blizzard Entertainment does not charge additional fees to add to your Battle.net Balance or to use it to buy Blizzard Entertainment products.
- As with any payment method, local taxes may apply to purchases made with Battle.net Balance.
Article ID: 783