How to Use the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator
- Install the application.
- Launch the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator on your device.
- Once the application has launched, the 8-digit authenticator code will generate. The progress bar under the code will show how long the code is active. When the progress bar completes, a new code will generate. You can close this screen by exiting the application or pressing the Menu button in the upper left corner of the screen.
If the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator code provided is not allowing you into the account, try to Resync the authenticator.
- In the application menu, select View Code.
- In the bottom left corner, choose the Resync icon. If this button is pressed while the first code is being generated, wait until the next code is generated before logging in.
If you've lost your phone or accidentally deleted the mobile authenticator application before removing it from your Battle.net Account, you can use the Restore feature to recover a previous version of the application. To take advantage of this feature, take these preemptive steps:
- In the application menu, select Setup.
- Select Continue.
- Write down the Serial and Restore code. Blizzard will never ask for your restore code.
If you need to Restore the application, follow these steps:
- In the application menu, select Restore.
- Select Restore - I want to perform a restoration.
- Enter the previous serial number and restore code.
- Select Submit.
Get New Serial Number
Review this section carefully. On rare occasions, resetting the authenticator may be necessary if you are unable to resync successfully.
- Remove the current Battle.net Mobile Authenticator from your Battle.net account.
- In the application menu, select About.
- Select Need a New Serial Number?
- Write down your current Serial and Restore Code.
- Select Get New Serial Number.
- Attach your new Battle.net Mobile Authenticator serial number to your Battle.net account.
If the authenticator has been reset, you do not have SMS Protect, and you are unable to access your account, submit your government issued ID for assistance.
Article ID: 100623