When using a Battle.net Authenticator or Mobile Authenticator, we strongly recommend you register for Battle.net SMS Protect. This free service lets you remove your Battle.net Authenticator using text message verification.
Note: If the authenticator has been reset, you do not have SMS Protect, and you are unable to access your account, remove your Battle.net Authenticator.
If the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator code doesn’t work, Resync the authenticator.
- Select View Code from the menu.
- Press the Resync icon and wait until the next code is generated before logging in.
If you need to reinstall the Mobile Authenticator, but haven’t removed a previous version from your account, you’ll need to use the Restore feature. Select Setup from the menu, then Continue and write down your Serial Number and Restore Code before using this feature.
To restore the application:
- Select Restore from the menu.
- Press I want to perform a restoration.
- Enter your Serial Number and Restore Code.
- Press Submit.
Note: If you're attempting to restore the application from a new device, you may be asked to log in from a trusted device instead.
Get New Serial Number
On rare occasions, resetting your authenticator may be necessary if you are unable to resync.
- Remove your account's current Battle.net Mobile Authenticator.
- Select About from the Authenticator menu.
- Press Need a New Serial Number?
- Write down your current Serial Number and Restore Code.
- Press Get New Serial Number.
- Use this Serial Number to attach the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator to your account.
Article ID: 100623