If you get Error # 101, or if you are sent back to the launcher after you click Play, there may be an issue with the connection between your computer and our servers. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Visit the Realm Status page to check game server status. If the servers aren't available, try connecting again later.
- Over time, your router may become flooded with data and drop your connection to your ISP. Reset your network devices to address this.
- Conflicting network information will cause update issues. Try to release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any conflicts.
- Restart the Battle.net client to check for updates.
- The game requires up-to-date drivers to run smoothly. Update your drivers regularly.
- Configure your network to make sure your connection is not being blocked by a firewall or router.
- Reset your UI to make sure your User Interface files are not corrupted.
- Programs running in the background can interfere with the game. Close any running background applications.
- Running a Trace Route can help identify where the connection problems are occurring if the solutions above did not resolve the issue.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried all of these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forum (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) or contact us.