The computer couldn't connect to the login server because a security program was blocking the connection, or because the connection was unstable.
- Closing background applications can resolve conflicts between Blizzard games and programs running in the background.
- Security programs can interfere with the game's connection to our servers, especially after a patch. Disable or temporarily uninstall your security software.
- Power cycle network devices to restabilize a connection.
- The Domain Name Service (DNS) cache saves connection data. A bad DNS cache entry can cause connections to fail. Flush your DNS.
- Malware and viruses may prevent your connection from authenticating properly. Run security software to remove malware and viruses.
Note: A malware program called Scorpion Saver may cause this error. It's difficult to remove and may not be caught by normal antivirus scans. To identify an infection, gather your MSInfo and check Software Environment -> Loaded Modules for "Adpeak." If it appears on the list, contact a certified computer technician in your area for assistance removing the program.