Battle.net® SMS Protect will send you notifications when important changes are made to your account. Any standard cell phone in a supported country with a data plan can be used with this service.
When you can't log in, you can receive texts that can:
- Unlock your Battle.net account
- Remove a lost authenticator
- Recover your account name
- Approve a password reset
In addition, you can receive SMS notifications to help keep your account safe.
- Get a text message if your account is locked by a suspicious login attempt.
- Know immediately if your password has been changed.
- Be alerted when security features are changed on your account.
Note: Standard messaging charges may apply. Some languages may not be supported by local carriers. Check with your wireless service provider for more information.
Eligibility & Limitations
Battle.net SMS Protect is designed for text-enabled cell phones. You can link a Battle.net account to a single mobile number for SMS Protect. If you lose your phone but plan to replace it and keep the same mobile number, SMS Protect will continue to work as it has before, since it's associated with your phone number rather than the device itself.
- A phone number can only be attached to one Battle.net account.
- SMS Protect messages are sent via text. Messaging apps like iMessage (iOS) or WhatsApp (iOS, Android) are not supported.
- Cell phones with prepaid plans may not work with the SMS Protect service.
- SMS Protect cannot be used with Voice over IP (VoIP), and VoIP numbers that are transferred to a local provider are not eligible for the service.
If you lose your phone and don't plan to replace it, or if you want to remove SMS Protect while you find a new phone, submit a ticket.