To opt in for participation in Blizzard betas, you must create a beta profile on your Battle.net account, and provide some non-personal information about your system. Beta tests have a limited number of invitations, which are sent at random, but opting in is the best way to get invited.
Note: The opt-in application scans your system's hardware components and graphics driver. The application does not scan hard drive contents or collect any personal information.
How to Opt-In
- Log in to your Beta Profile Settings page.
- Download and run the appropriate Beta Opt-in Application for your operating system.
Note: If you are having issues running or downloading the application, follow the steps on the Beta Opt-In System Check Troubleshooting page.
- You must agree to the Blizzard Beta Test "Opt-in" Agreement before the application can scan your system specs. Select Agree and the Battle.net System Check will begin. Click Send to associate your system specs with your Battle.net account.
- Once the system check is completed and sent, click Close. An Account Management page will open where you can view your system specs and confirm which beta tests you are interested in. To save any changes, click Update Preferences.
- If you are selected to participate in a beta test, you'll receive an email directing you to Battle.net Account Management, where you can download the beta client.
To opt in, you must have a full retail copy of one of the following Blizzard titles registered to your Battle.net account. Starter Editions do not count.
Note: The Heroes of the Storm beta opt-in does not require another license to be registered to your account. Any Battle.net account may be used to opt in.
Article ID: 300586