A beta profile is a snapshot of your current system specifications. It includes such information as how much RAM you have, available hard drive space, your graphics card and driver, monitor setup, and other information about your system and internet connection. We gather this information to ensure that we are able to test our games on a wide range of systems.
Note: The opt-in application scans the major hardware components of your system, along with your graphics card driver. Other system information (such as the contents of your hard drive) is not scanned.
If you are having issues running or downloading the application, follow the steps on the Beta Opt-In System Check Troubleshooting page.
Beta Participant Selection
Participants for each beta test will be selected from the pool of eligible testers who have opted in and submitted a beta profile. Selection is based on system specifications, beta-test preferences, and other factors, including pure luck. Opting in does not guarantee you will be selected to participate in a beta test. Each Battle.net account can only opt-in once.
How to Opt-In
To be considered for upcoming betas, you must create a beta profile and indicate which betas you wish to participate in.
- Log into your Battle.net Account
- Go to Manage Games and click Beta Profile Settings
- Create your Beta Profile by downloading the Beta Opt-in Application. Download the application based on what operating system you have.
- After the application is download, launch the file. Before any system specs will be updated into your Beta Profile Settings, you must agree to the Blizzard Beta Test "Opt-in" Agreement.
- After selecting Agree, the Battle.net System Check will begin. Click the yellow Send button to associate your system specs with the Battle.net account. If at any point you experience difficulty in downloading or running the Battle.net System Check, see the System Check troubleshooting guide.
- Once the system check is completed and sent you will be taken to the Account Management page, where you will be able to view your system specs. You can also decide which beta tests you are interested in. All universes are chosen by default. To save any changes that are made, click the Update Preferences button.
Once you have successfully uploaded a beta profile, the associated Battle.net account is added to a pool of potential beta testers for upcoming Blizzard Entertainment games.
To opt in, you must have a full retail copy of one of the following Blizzard titles registered to your Battle.net account. Starter Editions do not count.
Note: The Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm beta opt-ins do not require another license to be registered to your account. Any Battle.net account may be used to opt in.
If you are selected to participate in a beta test, you will receive an email directing you to Battle.net Account Management, where you can download the beta client and obtain a beta key.
Article ID: 300586