The character is unavailable for use. Possible reasons for this error are below.
Pending Character Service
Once a character service has been initiated, the character is unavailable until the process completes. The estimated time is provided when you start the service.
You can check the status of your character service by visiting your Transaction History page. You can change your payment method or cancel the service to regain access to your character:
- Log in to Battle.net and select the World of Warcraft license that initiated the character service.
- Choose the appropriate character service.
- Click History/Status to view the service's status.
- If the status says Finalize, click this option to complete the payment process for the service.
- If Cancel is available, choose this option, then reattempt the purchase.
Expansion level issue
If a World of Warcraft expansion purchase fails to complete, any characters that pass the former level cap will be locked for play. You must complete the upgrade in order to restore the new level cap and access those characters.
For example, if you upgrade from World of Warcraft (level cap 85) to Mists of Pandaria (level cap 90), you might level a character to 86 before the purchase completes. If that purchase gets declined, your level 86 character will be locked until the license is successfully upgraded to Mists of Pandaria.
We are aware of a recent PTR issue preventing players from logging in to certain characters. We are working to resolve this issue.
Tried everything here?
Article ID: 6592