How a Chargeback Happens
If a customer or financial institution disputes an outgoing payment and that payment is refunded to the customer, this is known as a chargeback. Chargebacks filed against the purchase of a game license upgrade, subscription, or service will temporarily disable access to the game license.
A license with a chargeback is considered to have a negative balance. The license or affected characters will be unavailable for play until any and all outstanding balances have been repaid to Blizzard.
All chargebacks for Blizzard Gear purchases must be handled through your financial institution.
How to Repay a Chargeback
Purchases made with a Visa or MasterCard can typically be repaid with a credit card over the phone or through our live web chat by submitting a ticket. Payments made using American Express, Discover, or PayPal—or in certain unusual cases with Visa and Mastercard—must be repaid by a United States money order.
If you need to send a money order, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Do make the money order payable to Blizzard Entertainment.
- Do clearly list the Battle.net account and World of Warcraft license name, if applicable, on the money order.
- Do use tracking for the shipment to make sure your money order reaches us. We are not able to assist with lost inquiries.
- Do not require a signature for delivery. This may cause delays in processing.
- Do not send any other type of payment. Only money orders will be accepted.
ATTN: Customer Support
P. O. Box 18979
Irvine, CA 92623
Once your money order is received and processed, your license will be unlocked for play. This process may take up to three weeks. Upon payment, we'll also credit play time for any paid subscription time that the license was locked for, up to 180 days.
Article ID: 100616