If your financial statement shows a charge from Blizzard that you didn't approve, visit our Unauthorized Use of Credit or Debit Card article.
If you experience errors or issues when you use a credit card on Battle.net, follow the steps below to resolve your issue.
- If you have more than one payment method on file, be sure you are using the correct card with the correct expiration date.
- Clear your browser's cache, cookies, and browsing history. If you require assistance, visit your browser's support site (Chrome | Firefox | Internet Explorer).
- Enter the correct card verification code (CVV). If you do not have a verification code, contact the card issuer for assistance.
- Check that your Battle.net account's street address, postal code, and country of residence match your credit card.
- If you use a prepaid credit card, register it online prior to use. If no postal code or cardholder name is available, the payment will not complete. Contact the card issuer for assistance.
- Use a card with a billing address within the supported Americas region. Cards that do not match this criteria will be rejected from our system.
- Some credit cards may not allow recurring subscriptions. Contact your card issuer about possible restrictions.
Article ID: 200722