We've added a Parental Controls setting that allows a parent or guardian to enable or disable in-game purchases for Blizzard games (such as Hearthstone cards, heroes and skins in Heroes of the Storm, or pets and mounts from the World of Warcraft Shop).
In order to use this feature, you must first set up Parental Controls on your Battle.net account. Visit our Parental Controls article for more information.
If in-game purchases are blocked on your account, you will see an error like this one when you try to buy something in-game:
Note: Battle.net Parental Controls do not apply to purchases made in Hearthstone® on tablets. To control tablet purchases, set up restrictions on your device.
To toggle this feature, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Battle.net account.
- Click Settings, then select Parental Controls.
- Select Manage Parental Controls.
- Enter your Parental Controls email address and click Send Parental Controls Email.
- Check your Parental Controls email account for a message from Blizzard Entertainment and follow the instructions provided to access your Parental Controls.
- On the Parental Controls dashboard under Purchase Settings, check or uncheck the box next to Allow in-game purchases.
Article ID: 7084