At Blizzard, it's our goal to create fun, fair, and engaging game environments for our players. To that end, we use penalties to discourage behavior that negatively affects the play experience for others. If you feel a player has violated our Diablo® III policies, please report them to us for investigation.
In most cases, a player will receive a warning against negative behavior before we apply a suspension or license closure. Suspensions can range from one day to one week, depending on the license's history and the severity of the offense.
The following categories cover behavior that we deem unacceptable. This list is not all-inclusive, and Blizzard reserves the right to take action for offensive behavior not called out on this page.
- Using inappropriate languages or names
- Spamming chat with the intent to disrupt communication
- General harassment
- Defaming another player
- Using obscene or vulgar language or names
- Referencing illegal drugs or activities
- Advertising third-party companies, websites, or services
- Threatening someone with real-life violence or harm
- Data stream manipulation or data mining
- Distributing another player's real-life information (name, address, phone number, etc.)
- Referencing extreme sexual or violent acts
- Promoting or alluding to racial, ethnic, or national hatred
- Insulting or negatively portraying someone based on their religion or sexual orientation
- Exploiting bugs, abusing game mechanics, or cheating
Article ID: 300722