This Mac error indicates that installer data may either be corrupted or a permissions conflict is preventing the installer from reading the data. This error may be caused by an unstable internet connection, security applications interfering with the download, invalid permissions for OS X, or hard drive corruption.
- If you're using a wireless connection, switch to a wired connection and optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Due to the way the launcher installs and updates our games, security programs can interfere with the process. Disable or temporarily uninstall your security software to resolve this issue.
- Programs running in the background can conflict with the Update Agent. Try closing background applications.
- The folder may be saved on a corrupt hard drive sector. Run the Repair Disk utility to resolve hard drive issues.
Tried Everything Here?
- The exact text of any error message or messages you're seeing, preferably in text form. These contain a lot of useful information we need. If that is not possible or you can't copy the error, try to take a screenshot.
- Where in the download or patch process the error occurs.
- Whether the above steps affected the problem.
- Any other information that may help us troubleshoot the problem.
Article ID: 6178