Troubleshooting StarCraft or Brood War Patches
If you are experiencing errors while patching StarCraft, follow the steps below to reinstall the game:
- Move, delete, or rename your "maps" folder, located in your main StarCraft folder.
- Uninstall and reinstall the game client.
- Uninstall any CD-ROM drive emulation tools that may be installed (Daemon Tools, Virtual Drive, CloneCD, etc.). Disabling these programs may not work. They must be uninstalled completely.
- Programs running in the background can interfere with the game. Close any running background applications.
- Download and install the latest StarCraft patch from the StarCraft Patch Page.