The Faction Change service allows you to change a character to the opposite faction. Each Faction Change applies to a single character and includes a race change to the opposite faction, an appearance change, and an optional name change. The race you choose must support your character’s class.
Please make a selection from the dropdown menu above.
To begin the Faction Change process:
- Log in to Battle.net Account Management.
- Select the World of Warcraft license that has the character whose faction you want to change.
- Click Characters & Guild Services on the bottom ribbon.
- Click Faction Change.
- Select your character from the list on the right.
- Confirm the faction change and complete payment for the service.
Once the Faction Change completes, you'll see a new button to the left of your character's name when you log in to the game. Click this button to change your character’s race, appearance, and name if you wish. You can click the button at a later time if you don't want to change the character's faction immediately.
After you complete the Faction Change, your character will take:
- All their items. If any of your character’s items are faction-specific, they will be exchanged for their cross-faction equivalent.
- Completed achievements and any associated titles (exchanged for cross-faction equivalents).
- Currency, such as gold or points, will stay with the character. Conquest point caps may be reset.
- Raid lockouts are not reset after your character transfers.
- Certain rare faction-specific mounts will accompany your character. Racial mounts will not transfer and must be purchased on your new faction.
- Your followers and completed Garrison buildings will not be lost. Make sure you don't have any unfinished missions, buildings, or work orders before changing factions as progress on them will be lost.
- Faction-specific followers are replaced by an equivalent follower from your new faction. Follower traits stay the same when changing factions, but follower abilities may change.
The reputation level associated with the character's previous race will become the reputation level of their new race. All other racial reputations will be converted as follows:
|Orc (Orgrimmar)||<--->||Human (Stormwind)|
|Tauren (Thunder Bluff)||<--->||Gnome (Gnomeregan Exiles)|
|Undead (The Undercity)||<--->||Night Elf (Darnassus)|
|Troll (Sen'jin)||<--->||Dwarf (Ironforge)|
|Blood Elf (Silvermoon)||<--->||Draenei (The Exodar)|
|Goblin (Bilgewater Cartel)||<--->||Worgen (Gilneas)|
|Huojin Pandaren||<--->||Tushui Pandaren|
Other faction-specific reputations will be converted into their cross-faction equivalents (if one exists; if one does not, the reputation is lost). Neutral reputations will not be affected. Sunreavers and Silver Covenant reputation levels will be reset to Neutral.
Note: Faction-specific quest lines may need to be completed to unlock an area.
If you've earned a faction-specific PvP mount, you'll receive an equivalent PvP mount as follows:
|Vicious War Wolf||<--->||Vicious War Steed|
|Vicious Skeletal Warhorse||<--->||Vicious Warsaber|
|Vicious Raptor||<--->||Vicious War Ram|
Before you can change a character’s faction, all of the following must be true:
- The character is at least level 10.
- The character has not performed a faction change in the last 72 hours (3 days).
- The World of Warcraft account is not a Starter Edition account.
- The character may not have active auctions or mail in their mailbox.
- The character must not have a WoW Token in their inventory, bank, or mailbox.
- The characters is not a Guild Master. Before you can faction change a Guild Master, you must transfer leadership to another member or disband your guild. See our Guild Services article for information on Faction Changing the entire guild.
- The character meets the following gold limits (characters above these limits cannot undergo a Faction Change):
Level Max. Gold 10 - 30 300g 31 - 50 1,000g 51 - 70 5,000g 71 - 80 20,000g 81+ 50,000g
- Flight points will be reset and your character will receive a new list of level- and faction-appropriate flight points.
- Character friend and ignore lists will be reset.
- Guild pages and heralds will be lost.
- An increased Conquest point cap may be lost.
- Active quests will be cleared and all quest items will be destroyed, including those associated with completed quests.
- Faction-specific completed quests will be lost and will no longer count toward any completed quests counters.
- All PvP and Argent Tournament achievement progress will be reset.
- If you change your character's name during the Faction Change, your old name will be locked from use on the realm for 90 days.
- A completed Faction Change cannot be reversed. If you want to change your character’s faction again, you may complete another Faction Change after the three day cooldown.
Note: The Item Restoration service cannot restore items a character deleted, vendored, or disenchanted prior to performing a transfer. Be sure to complete item recovery before transferring.
Article ID: 596