The Faction Change service allows you to change a character to the opposite faction. Each Faction Change costs $30.00 USD per character plus tax in applicable areas. Select a topic from the dropdown menu below to learn more.
Each Faction Change applies to a single character and includes a race change to the opposite faction, an appearance change, and an optional name change. The race you choose must support your character’s class. To begin the Faction Change process:
- Log in to Battle.net Account Management.
- Select the World of Warcraft license that has the character whose faction you want to change.
- Click Characters & Services on the bottom ribbon.
- Click Faction Change.
- Select your current character from the list on the right.
- Confirm the faction change and complete payment for the service.
Once the Faction Change completes, you will see a new button to the left of your character's name when you log into the game. Click this button to change your character’s race, appearance, and its name if you choose. If you do not want to change the character's faction immediately, you may do so at a later time.
After you complete the faction change, your character will take:
- All their items. If any of your character’s items are faction-specific, they will be exchanged for their cross-faction equivalent.
- Completed achievements and any associated titles (exchanged for cross-faction equivalents).
- Currency, such as gold or points, will stay with the character. Conquest point caps may be reset during the process.
- Your character will be assigned new raid IDs for bosses you have already defeated for the week.
- Certain rare Faction-specific mounts will come with your character. Racial mounts will not transfer and must be purchased on your new faction.
The reputation level associated with the character's previous race will become the reputation level of their new race. All other racial reputations will be converted as follows:
|Orc (Orgrimmar)||<--->||Human (Stormwind)|
|Tauren (Thunder Bluff)||<--->||Gnome (Gnomeregan Exiles)|
|Undead (The Undercity)||<--->||Night Elf (Darnassus)|
|Troll (Sen'jin)||<--->||Dwarf (Ironforge)|
|Blood Elf (Silvermoon)||<--->||Draenei (The Exodar)|
|Goblin (Bilgewater Cartel)||<--->||Worgen (Gilneas)|
|Huojin Pandaren||<--->||Tushui Pandaren|
Other faction-specific reputations will be converted into their cross-faction equivalents (if one exists – if one does not, the reputation is lost). Neutral reputations will not be affected. Sunreavers and Silver Covenant reputation levels will be reset to Neutral.
Note: There are sometimes faction-specific quest lines which may need to be completed to unlock an area.
Before you can change a character’s faction, all of the following must be true:
- The character must be at least level 10. Death Knights must be at least level 60.
- An individual character may only have its faction changed once every 3 days.
- The Faction Change service cannot be used on a Starter Edition account.
- The character may not have active auctions or mail in their mailbox.
- Guild leader characters may not faction change. Before you can faction change a guild leader, you must transfer leadership to another member or disband you guild. See our Guild Services FAQ for information on Faction Changing the entire guild.
- The following gold limits apply to all characters. Characters above the limits on the following table are not eligible to undergo a Faction Change.
Level Max. Gold 10 - 30 300g 31 - 50 1,000g 51 - 70 5,000g 71 - 80 20,000g 81+ 50,000g
- Flight points will be reset and your character will receive a new list of level- and faction-appropriate flight points.
- Character friends and ignore lists will be reset.
- An increased Conquest point cap may be lost.
- Active quests will be cleared and all quest items will be destroyed, including those associated with completed quests.
- Faction-specific, completed quests will be lost, and will no longer count toward any completed quests counters.
- All PvP and Argent Tournament achievement progress will be reset.
- If you change your character's name during the Faction Change, your old name will be locked from use on the realm for 90 days.
- A completed Faction Change cannot be reversed. If you want to change your character’s faction again, you may complete another Faction Change three days after the last one completed.
Note: The Item Restoration service cannot restore any items a character deleted, vendored, or disenchanted prior to performing a transfer. Be sure to complete item recovery before transferring.
Article ID: 596