An issue arose when your game client tried to download data from our servers. It may be caused by a problem with your connection.
- If you’re using a wireless connection, switch to an optimized wired connection.
- Set up your firewall, proxy, and router to handle the connections that World of Warcraft needs.
- Conflicting network configurations may cause update or installation issues. Release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any conflicts.
- Your router may become flooded with data over time and drop your connection. Reset your network devices.
- Proxy servers can cause connection issues and may be enabled by mistake or by a malicious program. Disable your proxy.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried all of these steps and still require assistance, visit our Technical Support forums (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) (Overwatch) or contact us.