If your game crashes with errors that reference a file-read failure (as below), your game files may be corrupt.
- Run the repair tool to resolve issues with damaged game files.
- In some instances, outdated video, motherboard and sound card drivers may cause the game to crash. Update your drivers.
- Bad or failing memory may cause the game to fail to read files properly. Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool to detect any memory issues.
- Run a ScanDisk and Defrag to resolve any any file system or hard drive issues that may cause the game to crash.
- If the issue persists, uninstall the game and download a new copy of the installer from the Battle.net Game Downloads page.