If you have trouble staying connected to World of Warcraft, the steps below can resolve common connection issues.
Note: If somebody has your account name/password and attempts to log in to your account, you will be disconnected. If you believe your account has been compromised, follow the steps located in our Account Compromise article.
- Reset your UI to ensure that your User Interface files are not corrupted.
- Your router may become flooded with data and drop your connection to your ISP. Reset your network devices to address this.
- If you're using wireless internet, try switching to a wired connection.
- Some advanced internet settings may cause issues. Check your Proxy settings.
- Programs running in the background can conflict with the Battle.net Update Agent. Try closing background applications.
- The game requires up-to-date drivers to run smoothly. Ensure that your network and video card drivers are up-to-date.
- Conflicting network information may cause disconnections. Try to release and renew your IP and flush your DNS to resolve any conflicts.
- Ensure that the connection between your network and the World of Warcraft servers is clear by running a trace route.
- If the issue persists, uninstall the game and then reinstall the game client.
Tried Everything Here?
Article ID: 624