Battle.net Global Play allows you to connect to game servers in regions outside your own, making it easy to play with your friends in other parts of the world. Global Play is available for Diablo III, StarCraft II and Hearthstone.
Global Play Regions
- Americas for players in North America, Latin America, and South America.
- Europe for players in the European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and the Middle East.
- Asia for players in South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
Southeast Asia and Oceania
Players in Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asian countries such as Singapore, Indonesia, and the Philippines fit into different regions depending on the game:
By default, you will play in your home region, which is determined by the country of residence registered to your Battle.net account.
You can switch between regions via the game options menu or in the Battle.net Desktop Application.
To change your region in the Battle.net Desktop Application, select a region from the dropdown above the Play button. When you launch the game, you will log in to the selected region.
Global Play Limitations & Restrictions
- In-game property such as heroes, items, cards, and custom decks are not available across regions and cannot be moved from one region to another.
- Game progress, including ladder rankings, does not transfer across regions. Each region has its own independent ladder.
- Friend lists (including Real ID) are not available across regions. You must add friends to each region’s friend list when you log in for the first time.
- Game keys and upgrades for World of Warcraft are region-specific. For example, if you are playing in the Americas, you must upgrade your account using a game key for the Americas.
Patching & Maintenance
The time your game client patches is determined by the region currently selected in your Battle.net App. When your client patches, you will be locked out of any other regions that have not yet received that patch. To change regions, see the above Changing Regions section.
For example, if you're a European player who swaps to the Americas region, you will update according to the Americas' schedule. Since you've patched with the Americas’ game servers and the Europe region has not been updated yet, you will be locked out from playing in Europe until the European servers undergo maintenance and patch as well. This applies to all regions.
Note: If you haven't logged in to another region using your current password, you may not be able to connect while your home region is in maintenance.
Article ID: 6539