Harassment or Defamation
- Insulting other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people in-game and externally.
Note: Ongoing harassment will lead to more severe penalties.
- Using the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish excessively.
- Repeating the same phrase more than once in a period of 30 seconds.
- Advertising in-game gambling or casinos.
Obscene or Vulgar Language
- Using language that is crude, offensive, or pornographic in nature.
- Referring inappropriately to human anatomy or bodily functions.
Illegal Drugs or Activities
- Referencing abuse of illegal drugs.
- Referencing illegal activities.
- Advertising non-beneficial, non-Blizzard related businesses, organizations, or websites.
- Including copyrighted material in user-created content without approval.
- Going AFK or refusing to participate in a team game.
- Intentionally dying in a team game to benefit the opposing team.
Real-Life Information and Threats
- Threatening someone with real-life violence or harm.
- Distributing another player's, or a Blizzard employee's real-life information (name, address, phone number, etc.).
We will not tolerate real-life threats or distribution of personal information in our games. We apply severe penalties in these cases and engage local law enforcement to ensure the safety of all parties involved.
Racial, Ethnic, or National
- Promoting racial, ethnic, or national hatred.
- Using a racial, ethnic, or national slur.
- Alluding to symbols of racial, ethnic, or national hatred.
Extreme Sexuality or Violence
- Referring to extreme and/or violent sexual acts.
- Referring to extreme and/or violent real life actions.
- Insulting or negatively portraying someone based on their sexual orientation.
- Negatively portraying major religions or religious figures.
- Insulting or negatively portraying someone based on their religious orientation.
- Exploiting bugs, abusing game mechanics, or cheating the game. See our Exploitation Policy article for more details.
Griefing Other Players
Our games allow players to interact in a variety of ways—not all of them constructive. You may encounter players that steal resource nodes, lead monsters to new areas, or block access to NPCs or other in-game objects. Our GM team will not intervene in these situations, unless the offending player commits one of the violations listed above.
For World of Warcraft PvP realms, visit our PvP policy page for more information.
Because of the voluntary nature of guild participation, we take a more lenient stance in guild channels. Only the most severe violations (i.e. Racial/Ethnic/National, Extreme Sexual/Violence, Real-life Threats) will be considered.
Article ID: 7390