When an item is not successfully looted in a dungeon, World of Warcraft will often deliver it to the winning character via in-game mail automatically. In order to be eligible for this automatic distribution, the item must:
- Be rolled on under either Need Before Greed or Group Loot settings.
- Be above the set loot threshold.
Items will be automatically delivered via in-game mail for the following situations:
- You were out of inventory space, and the item was left on the corpse.
- You left the instance prior to the loot roll, but won the roll anyway.
- You left the instance after winning an item, but that item was not successfully delivered to your inventory.
Note: The above only apply in instances. Loot distribution will not be handled automatically for corpses in the outside world.
It can take some time for the game to process these deliveries. If you experience an issue looting in an instance, please wait at least 2 hours for the item to be delivered to you before submitting a ticket. If you do not receive your loot in the mail after that time period, submit a ticket for assistance.
Article ID: 4400044