If you receive this error or Error 22 while playing Diablo II, follow the steps below to resolve it:
- The game requires up-to-date drivers to run smoothly. Update your drivers regularly.
- Hardware acceleration may be necessary to run the game properly. You may need to enable these features in your operating system for the video modes to be detected properly by the Video Test.
- Make sure the DirectDraw and Direct3D Acceleration features are enabled in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
- Press Windows Key + R
- In the Run window, type dxdiag and click OK.
- In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool application, click the Display tab.
- Make sure DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct3D Acceleration, and AGP Texture Acceleration options are enabled.
- Make sure there is a numerical value next to Approx. Total Memory. If no numerical value is present, the video drivers may need to be reinstalled or updated.