Power cycling your modem and router allows them to reset and reestablish a connection to your ISP. Follow these steps to completely power cycle the devices in your network connection:
Note: Modems with battery backups will need to have their batteries pulled or the reset button on the modem used instead.
- Shut down all computers connected to the modem/router.
- Power down/unplug the router if you use one.
- Power down/unplug the modem.
- Allow to sit for 60 seconds, unplugged.
- Turn on the modem and allow it to completely boot up till the front panel connection lights show a steady connection.
- Turn on the router (if you have one) and allow to completely boot up as well.
- Start the computer and allow it to completely boot up.
Article ID: 7300082