Our Race Change service gives existing characters the opportunity to change their race while staying in the same faction (Alliance or Horde). Each Race Change includes an Appearance Change and optional Name Change.
Note: It may take up to 72 hours after payment for the Race Change to complete.
To perform a Race Change:
- Visit the Race Change page.
- Select the character you want to modify.
- Click Agree & Continue, then click Continue to Payment.
- Once your payment is finalized, wait at least 30 minutes before you try to log in to World of Warcraft.
Note: The Race Change process cannot be canceled.
- When the Race Change is complete, you'll see the Race Change button on the character select screen. Click this button to select your character's race, gender, appearance, and name.
Limitations & Restrictions
- Any pending Name Changes, Appearance Changes, or Character Transfers will prevent you from initiating a Race Change.
- The only way to reverse a Race Change is to purchase another Race Change after the 3-day cooldown has elapsed.
- Characters under level 10 are ineligible for a Race Change.
- Race Changes and Faction Changes share a 3-day cooldown.
- If you choose a new character name, the old name will be locked from use on the realm for 90 days.
- The reputation level associated with the character's previous race will be switched with that of the character's new race. All other reputations will be unaffected by the change.
- The character's Armory profile will reflect any racial, gender, or name changes.
What Doesn't Change
- Equipment, Inventory, and Currencies—some quest items will not carry over.
- Talents, Glyphs, and Professions
- Mount, Pet, and Toy Collections
- Achievements and Titles
- Flight points
- Friend and Ignore lists
- Guild Affiliation
Note: Certain race-specific quests may remain on your character, despite being impossible to complete.
Article ID: 602