Our Race Change service is designed to allow existing characters the opportunity to change their designated race while staying in their existing faction (Alliance or Horde). Each Race Change costs $25.00 USD (not including applicable taxes). This covers a single Race Change for a single character. Each Race Change will also provide the target character with an Appearance Change and optional Name Change. If you choose to change the character's name, the name will be locked from use on the realm for 90 days.
To begin the process, visit the Race Change page. After confirming payment, wait 30 minutes before logging back in to the game. You will see a new button next to the character's name. Click this button to select the character's new race and customize the character's look and name, then Click to change your character's race and confirm your selections. If you do not wish to change the character's race immediately, you may do so at a later time.
You will be charged immediately upon pressing the confirmation button on the Race Change page. The Race Change process cannot be canceled.
Limitations & Restrictions
- Before you can initiate a Race Change for a character, you must complete any pending Name Changes, Appearance Changes, or Character Transfers. These pending transactions will prevent you from initiating a Race Change.
- Once a Race Change is done, it is permanent. You may, however, purchase another Race Change to switch back to the original race once the service cooldown time has elapsed.
- Characters level 10 and above are eligible for a Race Change. Death Knights will be unable to change their race until level 60.
- The new race you choose must be compatible with your current class.
- The Race Change service shares a cooldown with the Faction Change service; you will not be able to perform a Faction Change for 3 days.
- You may change a character's race every 3 days.
The following are unaffected by the Race Change process:
- Non-combat pets
- All flight points
- The character's "Friends" and "Ignore" lists
- The character's Guild
- Any Honor Points, Justice points, or lifetime honorable kills
The following changes will take place after a Race Change:
- The reputation level associated with the character's previous race will be switched with that of the character's new race. All other reputations will be unaffected by the change.
- The character's Armory profile will be updated to reflect any racial, gender, or name changes.
Article ID: 602