If your realm is missing from the realm list, follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- To select the correct regional tab, review the tabs below the realm list and select your region.
- To sort the list alphabetically, click the Realm Name header at the top of the Realm Selection window. This will make it easier to find your realm by name.
- If a realm is missing from the Realm Selection list, it is probably undergoing temporary maintenance. There are a few ways to confirm this:
- Check the status of your World of Warcraft realm on the Realm Status page.
- Look for announcements or news affecting your realm on the Service Status forum.
- Check the community forum for your realm, to see if other players are seeing the same issue. You can find the full realm list under the Realm section at the bottom of the World of Warcraft Forum homepage.
These steps are recommended only for advanced users. Modifying realm list files can create connection issues if done improperly.
- Open the World of Warcraft folder on your hard drive (Default Folder: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft).
- Open the WTF folder.
- Open the Config.wtf file using a text editor like WordPad.
- Locate the line:
SET realmName "(realm name)"
- Change this to:
SET realmName "(your realm)"
Example: SET realmName "Silver Hand"
- Save the file using the basic Save option to allow the file to retain its (.wtf) extension. After the file is saved, launch World of Warcraft and the game will automatically bring up your character list on the targeted realm.
- If setting the realm creates an issue, delete the Config.wtf file and World of Warcraft will automatically replace it when you restart the game.
Tried everything here?
Article ID: 200791