You may recover your account by submitting identification through our support site. Before you recover your account, follow these steps to secure it:
- Scan your computer for malware, keyloggers, and viruses. You can find additional information and a link to a list of antivirus and anti-spyware software on our Account and Computer Security page.
- Adding an authenticator may help reduce the threat of repeat compromise.
- Reset the password on your email address. Make sure your email password and Battle.net password are different.
- Change your email address. This can be highly effective in protecting the Battle.net account against future compromise. Choose a unique email address that does not resemble your previous address.
- To recover your account, submit a ticket with your current form of identification. We will contact you with further instructions once we have processed your account recovery documentation.
Unauthorized Character Services
If one or more of your characters had a character service performed without your permission, please submit a ticket to dispute the unauthorized transaction(s). If the character service was purchased long ago, it may not be possible to return that character to its original status. Please report any unauthorized transactions to us as soon as possible.
If an unauthorized transaction occurred during a period of compromise, take the appropriate steps to secure your account.
Article ID: 778