File permission problems can arise when Mac OS X is updated. This can prevent our games from launching and may cause them to quit unexpectedly when certain game features are accessed. Use the steps below to repair file permission settings for the game folder and all enclosed files/folders.
- Using Finder, navigate to the /Applications directory.
- Right-click the game folder and select Get Info.
- In the info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock to unlock it. Enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Make sure all privileges are set to Read & Write.
- Click on the Action icon (cogwheel) and select Apply to all enclosed items. Select Yes to confirm the action.
Note: Step 5 must be done, even if the folder already displays Read & Write privileges. This helps make sure all enclosed files have the same permissions.
Article ID: 8500090