In order to correctly install, patch, and run our game clients, you must be logged into your computer as an administrator. Follow the steps for your operating system below.
- Right-click the program icon you use to launch the game and choose Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Push the Change settings for all users button.
- Under Privilege Level, check Run this program as administrator .
- Click Apply to accept the changes.
Note: If you’d like to elevate your program permissions one time only, right-click the program icon you use to launch the game, then select Run as Administrator.
If the issue persists, create a new administrator profile to resolve the problem. After using the new administrator account to launch the game, you will be able to use your normal Windows login to play. Follow the steps below to create a new administrator profile.
Windows Vista and later
Follow these steps to ensure your program permissions are elevated to administrator levels:
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Users and Groups.
- Make sure your user account has the Admin option beneath it.
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click Users (Users & Groups in 10.7).
- Click Add (+) below the list of accounts.
- From the New Account pop-up menu, choose Administrator.
- Enter a full name for the account. An account name is generated automatically. If you want to use a different account name, enter it now. After the account is created, you can’t change the account name.
- Enter the account password in the Password and Verify fields, and then enter a hint to help you remember the password.
- Click Create User.
Article ID: 2700027