To correctly install, patch, and run our games, you must be logged into your computer as an administrator. Follow the steps for your operating system below.
- Right-click the Battle.net Desktop Application icon and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Click Change settings for all users.
- Under Privilege Level, check Run this program as administrator.
- Click Apply.
Note: If you’d like to set program permissions temporarily, select Run as Administrator from the Application's context menu.
If the issue persists, create a new administrator profile to resolve the problem. After using the new administrator account to launch the game, you will be able to use your normal Windows login to play.
Follow these steps to ensure your program permissions are set to administrator levels:
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Users and Groups.
- Make sure your user account has the Admin option beneath it.
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click Users (Users & Groups in 10.7).
- Click Add (+) below the list of accounts.
- From the New Account pop-up menu, choose Administrator.
- Enter a full name for the account. An account name is generated automatically. If you want to use a different account name, enter it now. After the account is created, you can’t change the account name.
- Enter the account password in the Password and Verify fields, and then enter a hint to help you remember the password.
- Click Create User.
Article ID: 2700027