During technical troubleshooting, it is sometimes necessary to fully uninstall and reinstall a game. Follow the instructions below to completely uninstall StarCraft® II.
- Click Start (Windows Key + Q in Windows 8), then click Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a program (Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP).
- Right-click on the StarCraft II icon and select Uninstall. This will begin the uninstallation process.
Note: Ensure that you use the “Delete save games and replays” option when uninstalling. If you’d like to keep these files, rename the folder they are saved in.
- If the game is not listed under Add or Remove Programs, manually uninstall the game by deleting the folder in which StarCraft II was installed.
- After uninstalling, there may be game files remaining on your computer. Search for any StarCraft II related files and delete them. These files are normally found in the following locations:
- C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp
- C:\Program Files\StarCraft II
- C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blizzard Entertainment
- C:\Users\Public\Games\StarCraft II
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data in Windows XP). If you cannot see the C:\ProgramData folder, configure Windows to show hidden files and folders.
- Delete the Battle.net folder.
- Open the Blizzard Entertainment folder.
- Delete the StarCraft II folder.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Run a ScanDisk and Defrag of your system’s hard drive, then reinstall the game.
- Navigate to your StarCraft II folder. Move the entire folder to the Trash.
- Navigate to Macintosh HD/Users/Shared folder and move the Blizzard folder and Battle.net folder to the Trash.
- Hold down the Option (Alt) key and select Library from the Go menu.
- Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard and move the StarCraft II folder to the Trash.
- Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences and delete the following files:
- Empty Trash
- Reinstall the game.
Updated: Feb 5, 2014
Article ID: 6021
Article ID: 6021