Streaming is the method we use to install and update our games. It allows you to play before the installation or patch is completely finished. Our Desktop App will continue to download missing data while you play.
This error means Battle.net Agent (the process that installs and patches our games) couldn't stream necessary files. Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Make sure your operating system is up to date.
- Proxy servers can cause connection errors and may be enabled by mistake or by a malicious program. Disable your proxy.
- Disable or temporarily uninstall any security programs.
- Run Scandisk to check for hard drive errors.
- Try closing background applications.
- If your network cache contains old or conflicting information, it will cause update issues. Resetting your DNS cache can resolve these conflicts.
- Reset your network devices, which may become flooded with data and drop the connection to your service provider.
- Check your network configuration to find issues with your firewall, proxy, router, or port settings.
If the issue persists, let Battle.net Agent completely finish the download before you click Play.
Tried everything here?
If you tried all of the steps for your operating system and still need assistance, visit our Technical Support Forum (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) (Overwatch) or contact us.