If you notice display errors in the game like artifacts, missing textures, discoloration, or blinking screens, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
For more game-specific troubleshooting steps, select the game below.
World of Warcraft
- Corrupted temporary files may contribute to display issues. Try resetting your user interface.
- Make sure your computer meets the World of Warcraft minimum system requirements.
- Make sure that your computer has a supported video card for gameplay.
- World of Warcraft is not supported on SLI or Crossfire configurations. If you are experiencing issues on a multiple video card system, try disabling the additional video cards.
- Your video card or driver may be incompatibile with World of Warcraft’s DirectX 11 mode. To switch it:
- Click Menu on the character select screen.
- Click System, then Advanced.
- Change Graphics API to DirectX 9.
- Restart the game for this change to take effect.
- Try selecting a lower setting from the Sound Channels dropdown in the System > Sound menu.
Note: Some add-ons may set Sound Channels back to High after installation.
Heroes of the Storm
Tried everything here?
If you have tried all of the steps for your operating system and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forums (World of Warcraft) (StarCraft II) (Diablo III) (Hearthstone) (Heroes of the Storm) or contact us.
Article ID: 464