- Purchased StarCraft II but can't install it
- Can't install Starcraft 2
- Can't patch SC2
If your region is currently patching or undergoing maintenance there might be a known issue affecting all players. Check @BlizzardCS on Twitter, or the technical support forums linked at the bottom of this article, for information on any ongoing issues.
If you are receiving a specific error code (such as BLZBNTAGT00000BB8), you can search for the error code. The error code's page will have more specific troubleshooting. If you do not receive an error code, the steps below may resolve problems in which the Battle.net Desktop Application can’t download data or update game files.
- Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
- If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Run the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App in Administrator Mode to address many installation, patching, networking, and start-up errors.
- Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.