- Errors when installing Black Ops 4
- Download of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Won't Start
- Patching Black Ops 4 is slow
If your region is currently patching or undergoing maintenance there might be a known issue affecting all players. Check @BlizzardCS on Twitter, or the technical support forums linked at the bottom of this article, for information on any ongoing issues.
If you are receiving a specific error code (such as BLZBNTAGT00000BB8), you can search for the error code on our Support Site. The error code page will have more specific troubleshooting. If you do not receive an error code, the steps below may resolve problems in which the Blizzard Battle.net App can’t download data or update game files.
- Restart your computer to resolve problems caused by programs and services running in the background.
- Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
- If you're using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.
- Run the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app in Administrator Mode to address many installation, patching, networking, and start-up errors.
- Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files.
- Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
- Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.
- If you're using a VPN, try removing it.
- Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the Blizzard App may resolve rare launcher issues.