- Hearthstone won't connect when I launch it because of "Playful Sprites"
- Stuck at the tavern doors with an error about "Playful Sprites"
If your region is currently patching or undergoing maintenance there might be a known issue affecting all players. Check @BlizzardCS on Twitter, or the technical support forums linked at the bottom of this article, for information on any ongoing issues.
Try the following steps to resolve this error:
- Delete the Hearthstone option files:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialogue
- Type %LocalAppData% into the Run field and click OK
- Open the Blizzard folder.
- If there is no Blizzard folder, ensure to show hidden files and folders.
- Delete the Hearthstone folder.
Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.
Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forum or contact us.