The Faction Change service allows you to change a single character's faction. As you complete the process, you will select your character's new race, appearance, and name. The race you choose must support your character’s class.
Note: If you completed In the Blink of an Eye on at least one character, you can skip to the beginning of Legion on your new faction by talking to Recruiter Lee in Stormwind or Holgar Stormaxe in Orgrimmar.
- The character must be at least level 10, and have no active auctions, mail, or WoW Tokens.
- The character must not have changed factions in the last 72 hours.
- You can't faction change on a Starter Edition account.
- Guild Masters must transfer leadership or disband the guild. See our Guild Services article for information on changing the guild's faction.
- Characters with too much gold can't change factions.
Level 10 - 30 31 - 50 51 - 70 71 - 80 81 - 99 100+ Max. Gold 300g 1,000g 5,000g 20,000g 50,000g 250,000g
Faction and Reputations
- If your convert to or from an Allied Race, all other racial reputations are subject to default conversions. If you convert between two non-Allied races, your character's home-city reputation converts to your new home city, with other racial reputations subject to default conversions:
Note: Allied Race reputations are neutral. Converting to or from an Allied Race—e.g. Highmountain Tauren or Lightforged Draenei—will have no effect on those reputation levels.
Orc (Orgrimmar) <> Human (Stormwind) Tauren (Thunder Bluff) <> Gnome (Gnomeregan Exiles) Undead (The Undercity) <> Night Elf (Darnassus) Troll (Sen'jin) <> Dwarf (Ironforge) Blood Elf (Silvermoon) <> Draenei (The Exodar) Goblin (Bilgewater Cartel) <> Worgen (Gilneas) Huojin Pandaren <> Tushui Pandaren
- Other faction-specific reputations convert into their cross-faction equivalents if one exists. Neutral reputations are not affected, except for Sunreavers and Silver Covenant, which revert to Neutral.
- Faction-specific items, titles, and completed achievements convert to their cross-faction equivalents.
- Some faction-specific mounts may be unavailable or will convert during the faction change.
Quests and Achievements
- Incomplete quests are removed from your quest log and all quest items are destroyed. You need to visit the initial quest giver to restart affected quests.
- Faction-specific completed quests will be lost and will no longer count toward any completed quests counters.
- Progress on character-specific achievements, such as for quests and PVP, will be reset.
- Argent Tournament progress, including achievements, resets after the faction change.
Guilds, Raids, and PVP
- Raid lockouts are not reset after the faction change.
- The character's Friends and Ignore lists will be reset.
- Guild pages and heralds will be lost.
- Currencies—honor level, gold, etc.—are unaffected.
- If you transfer your character to the other faction after a PvP season has ended, you must have 50 wins after your transfer to receive rewards and 150 wins after your transfer to earn Gladiator and Dominant Gladiator.
- Faction-specific PvP mounts convert as follows:
Vicious War Wolf <> Vicious War Steed Vicious Skeletal Warhorse <> Vicious Warsaber Vicious War Raptor <> Vicious War Ram Vicious War Kodo <> Vicious War Mechanostrider
- Flight points will be reset, and your character will receive a new list of level- and faction-appropriate flight points.
- Followers, Shipyard, and completed Garrison buildings will not be lost. Unfinished missions, buildings, or work orders will be lost.
- Faction-specific followers, ships, and ship crews convert to an equivalent from your new faction. Follower traits stay the same, but abilities may change. Ship abilities and equipment remain the same.
- Active Garrison and Order Hall missions will be cleared.