- I don't want to receive messages from a specific player.
- How do I block whispers from another player?
Our games are designed to be friendly social experiences; however, we have included tools to block unwanted communication from other players in-game. If another player's communication is in violation of our Code of Conduct, please also consider reporting the incident to us for investigation.
Blocking a Player
There are several ways to ignore a player in Diablo III:
- Right-click on the character's name in the chat log and select Block Communication.
- Enter the following command in the chat box: /ignore charactername
Note: If the character is in a Clan, do not include their <CLAN> tag.
While ignored, the player cannot whisper you, send group invites, or request a group invite. You will not see their messages in public chat channels.
Removing a Player from the Blocked List
To remove a player from the Blocked list, if they are still visible in the chat history, you can right-click the character name and select Unblock Communication. Otherwise, follow these steps:
- Hit Esc to bring up the game menu.
- Select Options.
- Select Social.
- Under the Blocked list, find the character name and click Unblock.