- I cannot use WoW voice chat
- I can't hear others in voice chat in WoW
- Others can't hear me when I talk
Follow the steps below to resolve problems with voice chat. If you need information on voice chat features, visit our Blizzard Voice Chat article.
Note: You are unable to use voice chat on a Starter Edition or if you're silenced from a penalty.
- Make sure your device is properly set in-game.
- Go to System > Voice Chat and ensure the 'Speakers & Headphones' section is set to Default System Device.
- Make sure your microphone or headset is plugged in.
- If your microphone or headset has a mute switch, make sure it's unmuted.
- Make sure your Default Device is set up correctly in Windows by right-clicking the speaker icon in the system tray, and selecting Recording Devices.
- If you have Parental Controls enabled, make sure voice chat hasn't been disabled.
- If your voice chat is set to Push To Talk, try changing the keybind for Voice Chat: Push To Talk to a different key in the System menu under Voice Chat.
Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.
- Ensure the ports for both Blizzard Voice Chat and World of Warcraft are set up
Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
- Make sure Exclusive Mode is disabled
- Ensure Windows 10 privacy settings are not preventing use of your microphone or headset.