How to Install World of Warcraft
- I can't find where to download WoW
- I bought the game but I don't see the install option
- I own the game but the app is telling me that I need to buy it
- I have installed WoW but I want to play WoW Classic instead
Modern World of Warcraft, WoW Classic, and Burning Crusade Classic are all installed through the Battle.net desktop app.
- Launch the Battle.net desktop app
- Click the World of Warcraft icon at the top. If the icon is missing, click on All Games and select the game from the list
- On top of the Install button, confirm which Game Version you want to install: Modern WoW, WoW Classic, or Burning Crusade Classic
- Click Install
Each game version must be installed separately. Each game version has different minimum system requirements.
THE APP ASKS ME TO INSTALL AGAIN
If the Battle.net app shows the Install button but you have already installed the game before, you don't have to reinstall. Click on Locate the game below the Install button to select the folder where you installed the game. Once you selected the correct folder, the Install button will become the Play button.
THE APP ASKS ME TO SUBSCRIBE
Modern WoW is free to download and play until level 20. If you want to install and play WoW Classic or Burning Crusade Classic, you are required to have game time or a subscription.
If you already purchased game time or a subscription, make sure you are logged in with the correct Battle.net account email. In addition:
- If you made your purchase on the Battle.net Shop, log in to your Transaction History and check that your order status is Complete
- If you made your purchase at a third party retailer, make sure you redeem your game code on your Battle.net account
THE APP DOESN'T DOWNLOAD OR UPDATE THE GAME
If you experience issues while downloading or installing the game through the Battle.net App, visit our Installation Troubleshooting article.