Connection Issues with Classic Games
- Can't connect to Diablo 2
- Can't connect to Warcraft 3
- Can't connect to StarCraft
If you are unable to connect to Battle.net or can't stay connected, try the following steps one at a time, then test the connection after each step is complete.
Note: These steps apply to StarCraft, Diablo, Diablo II, Warcraft II, and Warcraft III.
- Run the game in Administrator Mode to address many installation, patching, networking, and start-up errors.
- Download and run the newest patch for your game, then see if the problem is resolved.
- Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts.
- Try to connect to all four Battle.net Realms (USEast, USWest, Europe, and Asia). If only one Battle.net Realm is inaccessible to you, it may just be a temporary connection problem or a temporary restriction. Battle.net access may be temporarily restricted for one of the following reasons:
- Spamming text in the chat channel
- Rapidly connecting/disconnecting to Battle.net
- Repeated attempts to use an invalid CD-Key
- Repeated use of an incorrect password may lock an account login for your protection
- Repeated use of third-party programs (hacks) including, but not limited to, sending bad packets, flooding the server(s), and the use of hack programs
- Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings.