Appearance Change Information
An Appearance Change is a paid service that lets you change an existing character's gender, face, skin color, hair color, hair style, and name as desired.
After the appearance change is complete, a new button will appear in World of Warcraft that lets you change the character's features at your convenience. You do not have to change the appearance of the character immediately.
Note: Your character will not be available for play while an appearance change is pending. Under normal conditions the process should take under an hour, but please allow up to several days for it to complete before contacting Customer Support.
Eligibility & Restrictions
- You cannot choose a character name that is already in use by another player on the realm.
- Other players on your realm will be unable to use the old name for 90 days. Characters on your World of Warcraft account can still use your old character name during that time.
- After completing an Appearance Change, the character cannot have their appearance or name changed again for three days. After three days have passed, you must purchase another Appearance Change or Name Change to choose a new appearance or name.
- Existing in-game mail and auctions will not be interrupted or canceled.
- After you change a character's name, other players will need to send new mail to the new character name.
- The character will remain in the same guild and will stay on the friends lists of anyone who had added it. If you changed the character's name, the new name will appear on friends lists in place of the old one. We recommend you tell your friends and guildmates about the change as soon as possible.
- Characters whose names have been changed will remain on your ignore list, and their names will be updated automatically.
- Once you have completed the Appearance Change process, the Armory profile will be updated to reflect the character's new look and name.