Overwatch crashed to desktop.
Before attempting the troubleshooting below, make sure your computer meets the Overwatch System Requirements. If you experience a computer crash with a blue or black screen error, if your computer locks up and becomes unresponsive, or if your computer automatically restarts, use our Blue Screen article instead.
If your system meets the requirements, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.
Note: This includes any Overlay programs you may be running.
- Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files
- Set your components to factory default speeds to resolve crashes due to overclocking.
- Changes to the software settings on your video card drivers may cause crashes or performance issues. Reset your video driver settings to correct this problem.
- If your computer locks up and becomes unresponsive, check for overheating components.
- Run ScanDisk and defragment your hard drive to try to repair any bad sectors.
Note: Do not defragment a Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool to fix any errors in your computer's physical memory.
Tried everything here?
If you have tried these steps and still require assistance, please visit our Technical Support Forums or contact us.