- I want to change my character's name
- How do I change the name of my character?
You can change the name of your character by purchasing the Name Change service. To buy a Name Change open the World of Warcraft in-game shop and go to the Services section.
Note: This service is not available in WoW Classic Era. Blizzard Customer Support cannot provide free name changes.
What happens after you buy a Name Change?
- You cannot cancel a Name Change once you have pressed the confirmation button.
- You cannot change the name of this character again for the next three days.
- Other players on your realm will be unable to use your previous name for 90 days.
- Characters on your World of Warcraft account can use your old character name.
- Once the Name Change is complete, your Armory profile will take some time to reflect your character's new name.
- Your existing mail and auctions will not be interrupted or canceled, but let your friends know that you are changed your name so they don't send you mail to the old name.
- If you are in a guild, your character will remain in the guild and show the new name in the guild roster.
- If other players added you as a friend to their World of Warcraft friend list, you will remain on their list and show to them the new name.
- If other players ignored you, you will remain in their ignore list and this list will show them your new name.
Note: If the name you are changing to is not taken, you do not need to create a new character to reserve it prior to purchasing a Name Change service. The name you choose during the Name Change service will be reserved while you wait for the service to complete.
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!