- Doesn’t let me trade the item to another party member
- The loot master cannot trade the loot
- I rolled need by mistake
Below is the list of restrictions of the loot trading feature in World of Warcraft.
Customer Support cannot help with bypassing any of these restrictions, nor can we move items between versions of World of Warcraft.
Bind on pick-up loot obtained outdoors cannot be traded to party members. This includes loot from World Bosses.
Dungeon and Raid Loot
In Shadowlands, bind on pick-up gear obtained in dungeons and raids can be traded to a party member within two hours. The two-hour timer counts real world time; if you log out, the timer keeps running. If the player you want to trade with is not from your same realm, the trade must be completed before leaving the dungeon or raid instance.
In WoW Classic, bind on pick-up gear obtained in raids (not dungeons) can be traded to a party member within two hours. The two-hour timer counts online time; if you log out, the timer pauses.
- Only gear can be traded:
- Quest items cannot be traded, for example, the Splinters of Atiesh in WoW Classic.
- Toys, mounts, and pets cannot be traded.
- You cannot trade gear to a party member who wasn’t eligible for loot (learn more).
- You cannot trade gear that you restored through Item Restoration after you had destroyed it (disenchanted, sold, etc).
- You cannot trade gear that you have equipped or modified (enchanted, upgraded, transmogrified, etc).
- Personal Loot restrictions (Shadowlands only)
- You cannot trade gear that is an upgrade for your character. An item is an upgrade for your character when its item level is higher than the item level of any previously looted gear for that specific slot for any specialization. This means you cannot trade an item that is an upgrade for another of your specializations, even if you don’t play that other specialization. You will most commonly encounter this situation with trinkets.
- You cannot trade gear that unlocks unique appearances, for example, the Scythe of the Unmaker.
- You cannot trade gear that you collected from the mailbox after the Postmaster sent it to you.
Customer Support cannot help with bypassing any of these restrictions.