- Someone used my credit card without my consent.
- I noticed I'm being charged monthly but my Battle.net account doesn't show charges.
- I'm seeing charges on my Battle.net account that I don't recognize.
- Received a Paypal Notification of a Blizzard charge I didn't authorize.
If you have a charge from Blizzard that you don’t recognize:
- Check if you have an active World of Warcraft subscription
- Check your recent purchases in your Transaction History
- If you regret a recent purchase you may be eligible for a refund
Make sure that you are logged in to the correct Blizzard account, and remember that if you share your account with a friend or relative, payments done by this person on your account are considered to be authorized by you. In this case, we recommend that you change your password.
If you do not have a Blizzard account but you see charges from Blizzard that you did not authorize, your credit card or PayPal account may have been compromised. You are likely to see charges from other merchants that you don’t recognize either. Please talk to your financial institution as soon as possible and contact us. When you contact us, we will ask you for Transaction IDs, amounts, dates, and/or your PayPal email, Billing Agreement and Invoice number to assist us in locating these charges.