Blue Screen Crashes in Blizzard Games
- My computer crashed while I was playing a Blizzard game
- My computer rebooted unexpectedly
- My computer displayed a "blue screen of death" in the middle of a game
Blue screen crashes indicate a critical system error has occurred. These will only happen on Windows systems, and sometimes indicate a corrupted operating system or failing hardware.
- Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility errors.
- Check your system for potentially unwanted programs and malware with a security scan.
- Security programs can prevent your drivers or hardware from being accessed correctly. Troubleshoot your security programs.
- Use System File Checker to scan your operating system files for errors.
- Overclocked hardware can cause system instability. Disable any active overclocking on your hardware, including factory overclocking.
- Overheating hardware can cause Windows to crash. Check for overheating components.
- Improperly slotted or failing Memory can cause system crashes. Scan your RAM for errors.
- Consult your computer manufacturer or a local technical troubleshooter for further assistance. Blizzard Customer Service cannot assist with this issue as it is not caused by a Blizzard product.