Haven't received in-game bonuses, and I'm not sure how they work.
For information on how to link accounts, visit our Recruiting a Friend in World of Warcraft article.
In-game benefits are only available while both accounts remain linked. After the 90-day link period passes, both players will stop receiving these benefits and any ungranted levels will be lost. All Recruit A Friend benefits cease at level 90.
Linked players can summon each other once every 30 minutes if their characters are on the same realm and faction. To summon your friend to you, right-click their character portrait and select Summon Friend.
Note: Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Goblin, Worgen, and Pandaren characters cannot be summoned until they complete their starting experiences.
Experience and Reputation Boost
Linked players gain triple experience from kills and quests, and 10% bonus reputation from kills that grant reputation. To receive bonus experience and reputation, you must meet the following criteria:
- Both characters must be in the same party and within 100 yards of each other.
- Characters must be within 4 levels of each other and below level 90.
- Monsters and quests cannot be gray difficulty (trivial) for either character.
For every two levels your recruit gains while the accounts are linked, they can grant one level to one of your characters. Your friend must log in to the character with grantable levels, right-click on your character's portrait, and select Grant A Level. The Grant A Level menu item will only appear when:
- The characters are in a party on the same realm and faction.
- The characters are within 100 yards of each other.
- The character granting the level is higher level than the character receiving the level.
- The character receiving the level is level 89 or lower.
- The character receiving the level has not disabled experience gain.
- Only levels earned through normal gameplay count for grantable levels. Levels earned through Character Boost do not apply.
Note: Unclaimed levels are not moved during a character copy or transfer. Be sure to use them before you transfer.
In addition to fantastic in-game benefits, you'll also receive rewards when your recruit buys game time.
Veteran rewards are subject to a waiting period of eight days after the recruit is billed for game time.
|Recruit buys...||Veteran player receives...|
|One month of game time||One month of free game time|
|A second month of game time||One of nine epic mounts or pets (their choice)|
Note: Credit card and PayPal subscriptions do not bill until after the account has used up all available game time (including free time from the promotion). This can take a month or two to complete the necessary billing, after which you will receive your exclusive veteran rewards.
To claim an earned reward, follow these steps:
- Log in to World of Warcraft. If you’re eligible to claim a mount or pet, you’ll see a notification that you’ve earned a Recruit A Friend reward.
- Open your Friends List and click the Recruit A Friend button in the upper-right corner.
- Choose one mount or pet and click Claim Reward to have the pet or mount item delivered to your bags. If your bags are full, the item will be sent to your in-game mailbox.