- I cannot summon my friend.
- I didn't receive the big backpack.
- I don't see the option to grant levels to my friend.
- My friend and I are not receiving any bonus experience.
For information on how to link accounts, visit our Recruit A Friend article.
You can summon a friend who plays on your same realm and faction once every 30 minutes, with the following restrictions:
- Your account must be correctly linked.
- You cannot summon a character that is above level 49.
- You cannot summon a character that has not yet completed their starting zone quest lines. This includes Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Goblin, Worgen, and Pandaren characters still in their starting zone, and any character in the Exile's Reach.
To summon your friend, invite your friend to a party, then right-click their character portrait and select Summon Friend.
Recruits receive an Extra-Spacious Knapsack (30 slot backpack) which can be claimed from the character's mailbox.
- Characters created after accepting the Recruit-a-Friend invitation and that choose to level in Exile's Reach will be able to claim the Knapsack after leaving Exile’s Reach, since there are no mailboxes in Exile's Reach.
- Characters that existed before accepting the Recruit-a-Friend invitation will receive the Knapsack in their mailbox after reaching level 50.
Note: Players who were recruited prior to the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch are not eligible for the Extra-Spacious Knapsack.
Bonus Experience and Granting Levels
Unlike the previous Recruit a Friend program, the current Recruit a Friend program does not enable bonus experience and does not allow granting levels to your friend.