Can't Launch Battle.net Desktop App Due to DLL Error
If you encounter this error when launching the Battle.net Desktop App, follow these steps:
Update your Operating System to resolve any compatibility issues.
- Check Microsoft support for Visual C++ runtime updates.
Missing or corrupted Windows® system files may cause this error. Use System File Checker to repair and replace system files.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net App may resolve rare launcher issues.
In a small number of cases you may need to manually reinstall your digicert SSL certificates. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Go to https://www.digicert.com/digicert-root-certificates.htm
- Find DigiCert Trusted Root G4 under the Root Certificates section and click Download DER/CRT
- Double-click DigiCertTrustedRootG4.crt and click Open
- Click Install Certificate...
- Select Local Machine and click Next
Note: If a User Account Control dialog box pops up, click Yes
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK
- Click Next
- Click Finish
Tried everything here?
If the steps above did not resolve your problem, visit our Technical Support forum or contact us.
Please log in to submit feedback.
Did you find this article helpful?
Great! Help us improve. Please rate the following from a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
Sorry to hear that! We'd like to know what's wrong. Please check any which apply:
Thanks for your feedback!