- Cannot start WoW. ClientHandler: initialization error: failed to create storage component.
- The CAS system was unable to initialize.
This error message usually signifies an issue with the Client Access Security (CAS) system responsible for authenticating and granting access to the game. Please try these steps to see if it helps you:
- Enable Secondary Logon
- Disable read-only settings for WoW folder
- Delete the "Indices" folder inside "World of Warcraft\data" folder
- Scan and Repair the game
- Create new administrator user account