Ignoring Players in the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App
- I don't want to receive messages from a specific player.
- How do I block whispers from another player?
Our games are designed to be friendly social experiences; however, we have included tools to block unwanted communication from other players in-game. If another player's communication is in violation of our Code of Conduct, please also consider reporting the incident to us for investigation.
Blocking a Player
To ignore a player in the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App, follow these steps:
- Right-click the player portrait or the Battletag in chat and select Block.
Note: If the player is currently in your Friends list, you must remove them first.
- Click Block to confirm.
To block a player who has sent an unwanted friend request, click their Battletag and select Block Communication.
While ignored, the player cannot whisper you, and you will not receive their friend requests or group invites.
Removing a Player from the Block List
To remove a player from the Block List, follow these steps:
- Click the Blizzard logo in the top left of the app.
- Select Settings.
- Select Friends & Chat.
- Click View Block List.
- Select the Battletag and click Unblock.