- Hearthstone won't connect when I launch it because of "Playful Sprites"
- Stuck at the tavern doors with an error about "Playful Sprites"
If your region is currently patching or undergoing maintenance there might be a known issue affecting all players. Check @BlizzardCS on Twitter, or the technical support forums linked at the bottom of this article, for information on any ongoing issues.
Try the following steps to resolve this error:
- Delete the Hearthstone option files:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialogue
- Type %LocalAppData% into the Run field and click OK
- Open the Blizzard folder.
- If there is no Blizzard folder, ensure to show hidden files and folders.
- Delete the Hearthstone folder.
Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.
Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.