Receiving Error When Adding Phone Number
- Cannot add my phone number, I receive the error "The phone number is invalid".
- An external error occurred.
- The website keeps telling me "Please enter a post-paid phone number" when I enter my phone.
You will receive this error when adding a pre-paid or VOIP phone number. Pre-paid and VOIP phone numbers are not supported. Blizzard Customer Support cannot bypass this limitation.
If your phone number is not pre-paid or VOIP and you still receive this error, check the following:
- Make sure you enter the number correctly
- Make sure the country registered on your Battle.net account is correct and the phone number you're trying to use matches your country. If you have moved countries, update your registered country and try again
- Make sure your number was not previously used on a pre-paid or VOIP plan
If you are unsure whether your number is a pre-paid or VOIP number, contact your provider for additional information. Please note that Blizzard Customer Support can only help if your phone is not pre-paid or VOIP.